Where to find the necessary parts for a 1950’s Chevy truck restoration?
When receiving a restored 1950’s Chevy truck, you should know that it takes a lot of time and effort to run down certain parts for the truck. The restoration alone can take a lot of time and then when you factor in all the time spent searching for the right parts, it can take months. Knowing where you can look to find these hard to find parts as well as knowing where a professional looks, can help you appreciate the work that goes into a restored 1950’s Chevy truck. Even with a professionals help, some parts are incredibly difficult to find.
Your Custom Chevy Truck can help you find the parts that you need or want on your Restored 1950’s Chevy truck. There are a lot of places where you can look to find these difficult to find parts. How stuff works has discussed 10 places where you can look for classic truck parts. These parts can be found in the following locations:
- Swap Meets – These are places where car enthusiasts get together and share stories, cars, and of course, car parts. This is a place that you can talk to hundreds of very knowledgeable individuals. If they don’t have the parts, there is a good chance that they know of someone that does. Some of these people maybe sitting on the exact part that you need and the only way to know is by attending these swap meets. There will be a lot of people with a restored 1950’s chevy truck at these meets. They can be a well of knowledge.
- Brick and Mortar Stores – These are places that you can go to find parts. You may be able to find some original parts, but that is highly unlikely. Usually you will find aftermarket parts for you restoration project. These are great places to search for parts and get some sound advice, but the issues come from these stores not having what you are looking for.
- Online Forums – You may be able to get the attention of someone who is holding onto a part or they may know where to get what you are looking for. These are great places to get instructions and some advice not only for finding parts but for dealing with the entire rebuild.
- Aftermarket Part Manufacturers – If you do not care about having authentic parts, then it will be a lot easier to find aftermarket parts. There are many companies that create these aftermarket parts with today’s materials and technology. Often these parts will be a better choice because they will be better built and they will be cheaper to purchase.
- Classic Car Magazines – These are great places to find advice, advertisements, or general places to look. These magazines will also have forums where you can post questions or ask where to find certain parts.
- Wrecking Services and Auto Body Shops – Sometimes people want to get rid of their old trucks or their grandad’s truck sitting in the yard or barn. These trucks will often go through a wrecking service. They will often hold onto valuable parts. These are great places to look for the parts that you need. You never know what they are dragging in from behind people’s houses.
- Salvage Yards – Most likely, salvage yards will be your cheapest option when it comes to getting a restored 1950’s Chevy truck. While this is the cheapest, it is also probably the most work. You will have to dive and swim through a lot of junk in hopes that you strike it rich. The chance of finding the part that you need is what drives so many to the salvage yard.
- Clubs and Organizations – This really is just an organized in person version of an online forum. It allows people of like mind to get together and share their restored 1950’s Chevy trucks. It is also a place where you can share information. Word of mouth is a great way to find what you are looking for. It seems that someone always knows someone else that has the part that you are seeking.
- Online Dealers – We live in a technological age, so the majority of shopping done today is online. It is no different for those looking to purchase classic truck parts. There are numerous online stores that will offer the original and aftermarket parts that you want. There is a downside to shopping online and that is the cost. Often, the parts that you will find online will be more expensive than finding them in the other preceding ways.
- Online Auctions – Bidding on hard to find parts may be a way to get parts at a great price. There are a lot of salvage yards and body shops that sell parts through these online auctions. Knowing that you are getting a quality part may be the biggest concern with these sites. A quick look at their reviews and return policy can give you the peace of mind to bid with confidence.
As you can see, places like Your Custom Chevy Truck can jump through a lot of hoops to get you what you want. If you don’t have someone else do this for you, then you should realize that finding the parts that you need can be a daunting task that can take days to months. There are also a lot of original parts that will most likely not be put on a restored 1950’s Chevy truck. A lot of original parts are difficult to find and if you can find them, they may be extremely expensive. If you do not have the time or know how, it may be better for you to trust Your Custom Chevy Truck. We will get your truck to where you want it to be.
How professionals can help you get a restored 1950’s Chevy truck
Your Custom Chevy Truck can help you get your Chevy truck to a beautiful, working condition. If you bring your truck into Your Custom Chevy Truck, you will get the following features in the standard option, as explained in their restoration services:
- Standard Equipment – this includes floor mats, gauges, handles, knobs, mirrors, bezels, lights, windshield wipers, and more
- Independent Front Suspension
- Power Rack and Pinion Steering
- Power Front Disc Brakes
- 350 Cubic Inch V8 Engine
- 700r Automatic Transmission
- New 1406 Edelbrock
- New Gas Tanks
- Dual Exhaust With Thrush Cherry Bomb Mufflers
These represent some of the services that are offered. When you get your restored 1950’s Chevy truck, it will be a piece of art that is fully functional. There are other options available for those who might want to customize their truck a little more. The nice thing about restoring your truck is that it will have the look of 1950’s Chevy truck that looks like it came right off the line, but it will have the technology that we enjoy today.
Using our services will save you time and stress. We will be able to quickly restore your truck. We have the experience, knowledge, and equipment to create your dream. Doing it on your own can take years. Getting the correct parts, the equipment, and gaining the skills, are all difficult parts of a build. Allowing someone else to perform these tasks will save you from the stress that is often involved in these builds. This stress, if worked on alone, can prevent you from finishing your project. A lot of unfinished projects are products of stress and frustration.
Classic trucks are supposed to be enjoyed. Giving your truck to the experts will allow you to have a functional Chevy truck that will be catching eyes at every show and out on the road. It is a piece of history that you will love and be able to pass on to other generations. If you want the hassle free, wonderful option of allowing an expert to help you, then contact us.